Knowledge Base > Cancer > Alternative Cancer Therapies
|Ask Answer All Answers|
Amalgam Replacement How To by #56153 17 year 0 of 1 (0%)
Amalgam literally means mixed with mercury, and in the dental sense that is true. Powdered metals and metal compounds consisting of silver, copper, tin and zinc are mixed with about an equal weight of liquid mercury.
Possible Symptoms and signals of Amalgam poisoning : Gastrointestinal problems, sleep disturbances, concentration problems, tremor, lack of concentration, memory disturbances, loss of short term memory, lack of initiative, restlessness, numbness of arms and legs , bleeding gums, burning tongue, metallic taste, leg pain , arm pain, ( thanks to thallium polluted Amalgam filings), headaches , low immunity, Alzheimer's Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and many other correlated symptoms. Nobody really knows how long is the list of Amalgam poisoning symptoms.
The Science of mercury toxicity is in diapers.
DO NOT ALLOW A DENTIST TO REPLACE YOUR AMALGAM; UNLESS HE/SHE IS FOLLOWING THE PROTOCOL!
Protocol for Amalgam-Mercury-Silver Filling Removal
During the removal or placement of amalgam the patient can be exposed to amounts which are a thousand times greater than the EPA allowable concentration. Once the drill touches the filling temperature increases immediately vaporizing the mercury component of the alloy. There are 8 steps to greatly reducing everyone's exposure.
1. Keep the fillings cool
All removal must be done under cold water spray with copious amounts of water.
Once the removal has begun, the mercury vapor will be continuously released from the tooth.
2. Use a high volume evacuator
Therefore, a high volume evacuator tip should be kept near the tooth (1/2 inch) at all times to evacuate this vapor from the area of the patient. Polishing amalgam can create very dangerous levels of mercury and should be avoided especially for the mercury toxic patient.
3. Provide an alternative air source
All patients having amalgam removed or placed should be provided with an alternative air source and instructed to not breathe through their mouth during treatment. A nasal hood such as is used with the nitrous oxide analgesia equipment is excellent. Air is best and oxygen is acceptable although not required. If just air is used it should be clean and free of mercury vapor preferably from outside the dental office.
4. Immediately dispose of the mercury alloy
Particles of mercury alloy should be washed and vacuumed away as soon as they are generated. The filling should be sectioned and removed in large pieces to reduce exposure.
At present the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT) has approved removal both with and without the use of a rubber dam. Some evidence exist to support both views since high levels of mercury and amalgam particles can be found under the dam. All members are agreed that whether or not a rubber dam is used the patient should be instructed to not breathe through their mouth or swallow the particles. Some experts feel that it is better to remove the amalgam first and then apply the dam if needed for restorative procedures.
5. Lavage, and change gloves
After the fillings have been removed, take off the rubber dam if one was used and lavage the patients mouth for at least 30 seconds with cold water and vacuum. Remove your gloves and replace them with a new pair. If a restorative procedure is next then reapply a new dam and proceed.
6. Immediately clean patient
Immediately change patient's protective wear and clean their face.
7. Consider nutritional support
Consider appropriate nutritional support before, during and after removal.
8. Keep room air pure
Install room air purifiers or ionizers and fans for everyone's well being.
Viewed 2136706 times
All #56153's Answers