"Let thy food be thy medicine,
and thy medicine be thy food."
Hypocrites, the Father of Modern Medicine
One-quarter of what you eat keeps you alive. The other three-quarters keeps your doctor alive.
What's really a "Healthy Diet" ?
A healthy diet is diet based on foods you tolerate well. It includes wide variety natural foods you tolerate well and it excludes or limits foods you do not tolerate well.
How can I find out what foods I am able to tolerate?
The most effective way to find a healthy diet is to try Elimination-rotation diet. Each of the next links brings you to a different diet:
What is Food Intolerance?
It is a sensitivity to elements/chemicals found in food. Unlike an allergy, an amount of the food identified may be able to be eaten without producing illness. The amount varies from person to person. During times of stress or hormonal change a person may become more sensitive/intolerant.
Intolerance to salicylate, amines, lactose and gluten (celiac disease) are examples of intolerances to natural elements/chemicals.
Intolerance to different lectins, surface proteins is most common intolerance.
Often, foods that we do not tolerate, we can not properly digest.
There are also many people who are intolerant of introduced chemicals/elements, such as MSG, sulphites (a preservative used in many processed foods, including wine) and other common food additives. Extra amounts of MSG and salicylate are introduced into some foods and beauty products to enhance flavor, freshness or fragrance.
If you tolerate it, it is good for you, if you don't tolerate it, it is not good for you!
Can I Improve my Tolerance to Foods?
Yes, You can improve your food tolerance!
Read about body cleanses and about fecal microbiota transplantation therapy
I suppose you already know
everything about Toxins
and about Foods
An important part of your diet should be Water Cure, Foods That Heal, Vegetable juices, Fats that Heal, Unrefined Sea Salt.
Now, we can go further.
Climate, Seasons and Food Choices
If you can, you should always choose food grown in the same climatic region and mainly food that has been traditionally available during the present season. Next best choice is food grown in the neighbor climatic region, or food grown during the previous season. Climate consideration and season considerations are especially important when we are talking about fruits, nuts and vegetable. You don't have to consider climate and season when it comes to fish, sea food, eggs, meat, milk products, spices, oils ...
Some fruits and nuts are naturally available during cold winter. There is nothing wrong in consuming it, even if you would consider it "autumn food".
FAQ - Climate and Foods
Can eating mainly tropical fruits and nuts make me sick? I live in USA, mid-latitudes - moderate climate?
Most likely not, not on the short run, not within just a few years.
Let me make one thing clear: Consuming foods from different climate may not cause illness or symptoms as quickly as if you would consume large percentage of processed foods.
1 year of abusing your body with junk foods may be equal to 15 or 30 years of abusing your body with tropical foods.
Be aware that some people have so strong genetic inheritance, so strong health, that even 30 years of processed foods is not enough to cause illness. For such people, it would take several generations of consuming tropical foods to encounter illness. There are many factors to health, like physical activity, love, mind, emotions, ... food is just one part of the much bigger picture.
Just because some people are very healthy and very strong, it doesn't mean that everybody is!
There are people who have to consider climate when choosing foods, and there are people who don't have to. If you are ill, you should consider it.
Let me make one more thing clear: Just because you are able to tolerate tropical foods, it doesn't mean that your kids will be! Food allergies and food intolerance are more and more common between kids. One of the reasons is: parents have been over-consuming foods from tropical climate.
Not all tropical foods are alike. Check lists for your blood type!
There is a great difference in climate of southern USA, and climate of northern USA.
If you live in California, Texas, Florida ... such diet could be the best choice. BUT, if you live in Maine, or Canada, or Scandinavia, it may not be the the best choice, at least not for longer then 10 - 15 years. Trust to your body, it will tell you what is right, and what is wrong!
If you feel constantly cold, cold feet, cold hands, cold nose, then one thing is sure: Something is wrong with the foods you are eating ... most likely its too much of fruits and nuts.
Coffee can be worst then any fruits or nuts!
Is it bad to consume virgin Coconut oil in USA? I live in Maine?
You tell me! How do you feel? Does it make you feel good? Listen to your body!
Why are climate and season so important?
Climate is an essential aspect to understanding the world around us. It is the long term summation of weather patterns for a region. It affects the region physically (i.e. vegetation and soil patterns) and culturally (i.e. agriculture and population).
Can you think of a few things in your own life that are affected by climate? Try the inverse: can you think of anything in your life that is completely unaffected by climate?
Climate and seasons are the most important physical components of our world that shape human lifestyles, behaviors, wealth and health.
Different climate classifications are primarily based upon (1) the seasonal variations in temperature, and (2) the annual rainfall amount and seasonality--that is, what time of the year the rain comes. Temperature is determined by the length of time the sun's most intense rays are focused on a area. Precipitation is the amount of rain and snow a region receives. The major factors which influence temperature and precipitation, and therefore shape climate, are (1) Latitude, (2) Air Masses & Ocean Currents, (3)Continentality , and (4) Topography.
- You are living in polar latitudes (polar climate) or close to it
(Northern Canada, Alaska, Scandinavia, Northern Asia ... ):
- most of the fruits, vegetables & nuts you consume should be growing in the same climatic region, not necessary on the same continent. Some of your food (on average less then 15%) still can be from mid-latitudes, while foods from tropical latitudes (tropical climate) should be rare, or just a small percent (less then 5%) of total food your eat. This is especially important if you are sick! Healthy people may not be very much affected by foods grown in distant climatic regions.
- You are living in mid-latitudes - moderate climate (over 50% of
- most of the fruits, vegetables & nuts you consume should be growing in the same climatic region, not necessary on the same continent. Some of your food (on average less then 20%) still can be from tropical latitudes or polar latitudes.
- Beside climate and season, your genetics, your blood type and your age are also very important factors, that will shape your food tolerance and food needs.
- You are living in tropical latitudes (tropical climate) or close to it:
- most of the fruits, vegetables & nuts you consume should be growing in the same climatic region, not necessary on the same continent. Some of your food (on average less then 20%) still can be from mid-latitudes climate, while foods from polar latitudes should be rare, or just a small percent (less then 5%) of total food your eat.
3 Major Subdivisions of Climate
Based on latitudinal variation, there are 3 major subdivisions of climate; the tropics, mid latitudes and polar. Each has distinctive characteristics which make it unique. Vegetation, animal life and people all exist in each.
- In tropical latitudes (those near the equator), there is little difference in the amount of solar heating between summer and winter. Average monthly temperatures therefore do not change much during the year. However, amount and seasonality of precipitation vary greatly, and is the reason that we further subdivide the tropics into Tropical Rainforests, Monsoon, and Savanna.
- In mid-latitudes, from the Tropic of Cancer to the Arctic Circle and from the Tropic of Capricorn to the Antarctic Circle, solar heating is considerably greater in summer than in winter. Mid-latitudes experience seasonal shifts between warm summers and cool winters.
- In polar latitudes, north of the Arctic Circle and south of the Antarctic Circle, the sun never rises during large portions of the year. Therefore, the contrast in solar heating between summer and winter is extreme. Summers are cool to mild, and winters are bitterly cold. In addition, daylight hours in the summer are close to 24 hours and in the winter there are times when the sun does not rise; short, cool summers; long, frigid winters.
Another Important Climate Consideration
Grains, seafood and animal products are more or less equal in all climatic regions (except polar region, where very few plants grow). For those foods, it is not very important to follow "climatic rules".
Vegetable grown in the wormer climatic regions is far more sweet then vegetable grown in colder climatic regions. Vegetable tends to be more climatically distributed, and in case of vegetable you should follow climatic rules: choose vegetable grown in the same climate.
Fruits, berries and nuts seems to be the most climatically distributed. Fruits, berries and nuts grown in tropical climate should not represent more then 3% of total food intake if you live in polar climate, and not more then 20% if you live in mid-latitudes (moderate climate).
To learn more about Different Diets, please
join and read
Here are some general rules to follow:
Eat as often as it fits you ! At least 3-5 times a day. Each meal can be replaced with fresh vegetable or fruit juice. Frequency may depend on your age, lifestyle, climate, season, ....If you are fasting, follow fast rules.
Percentage of raw foods can vary from person to person, and depend of climate, season, part of the day, physical activity, sex, race, blood type, age, condition, health, intestinal health, geography ...At least 50% of food you eat should be raw! (Raw can be eaten: vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, sprouts, eggs, raw milk, yogurt, squid, fish ...fresh juice from vegetable or fruit. Avoid fresh meat because of parasites ! Always cook or bake meat! Certain fish may also infect you with parasites. Avoid eating raw fish too often!
About food combining: avoid eating deserts with protein rich foods, it is not easy to digest it. Generally, no desert is really healthy. Eat fruits and nuts instead.
Avoid drinking while eating. Make at least 30 min break between drinking and eating, and at least 1 hour break between eating and drinking.
If you are consuming fermented soy products (miso, tamari, shoyu,...), avoid drinking milk/eating milk products. If you are drinking milk/eating milk products, avoid fermented soy products, they are not compatible inside body!
Some of diets listed below give an answer on what foods should one eat/avoid eating. It will certainly make you confused after seeing that many health experts have different opinion about what you should eat in order to stay healthy or in order to promote or regain health.
Important factors when choosing your diet:
Lifestyle and Climate
Climatic adjustments !
Eat less fruits !
Eat more root vegetables !
Eat often foods from animal kingdom, mainly fish, occasionally eggs!
Avoid concentrated sweeteners !
Eat more fresh vegetables, grain sprouts and fruits...!
Eat less foods from animal kingdom, avoid meats, eat fish !
Use occasionally good quality concentrated sweeteners: ( barley and rice malt, fruit juice ...)
Lifestyle adjustments !
|Physically active people
Working very much physically
|Physically passive people
Sitting in the office
"Watching TV "
You may eat bigger quantities of food.
You may need to eat more often foods from animal kingdom like fish, eggs, meats and milk/products!
You should eat less generally.
You should eat less often foods from animal kingdom, fish, eggs, meats and diary !
Diet may not be enough for every person to promote health or to regain health, once you loose it!
Combination of healthy diet, cleansing and healthy lifestyle will help most of people to achieve health!
If diet does not help you, you may have any combination of those: gallstones inside liver/gallbladder, intestinal/internal parasitic animals or other parasites, poor lifestyle, poor attitude, poor thoughts, unresolved emotional issues, stressful lifestyle, toxic teeth, toxic house - toxic air, sedentary lifestyle, injury/trauma that have damaged body beyond the possibility of body to heal, others ...!
Diet is only one of many aspects of healthy lifestyle!
Learn also about cleansing, Negative Emotional Charge, suppressed emotions, stress, dental cleanup, house cleanup, importance of sweating and importance of physical activity,....
Harmful foods - foods to avoid
Those foods are harmful for everyone !
EVERYDAY TOXINS and Foods that kill
- MSG - Mono Sodium Glutamate
- Mercury poisoning
- Hormones - MILK
- Food additives
- Antibiotics (by killing beneficial flora and causing Candidiasis)
- .... and many other poisons
Avoid eating foods
Read diet testimonials
Eat to beat disease - important rules when eating :
- eat less than you are use to, but chew longer food than you are use to.
- never overfill your stomach
- chew food well (at least 20 times each mouthful);
- make at least 1 hour pause between fruit and next meal;
- use mostly fresh spring water for drinking (without CO2) !
- do not mix proteins with carbohydrates to often. (avoid Pizza )
- never eat desserts with rest of food ! Make minimum 2 hours break between food and desserts!
- never eat fruits with rest of the food - make break between fruit and the rest of the food.
- eat more often but less mixed food
- eat salads with cold pressed oils
- don't eat proteins with deserts
- eat food that have been prepared with love - food preparing and cooking are like an art !
- avoid eating 3 hours before sleeping
- avoid eating fruit or deserts for dinner
- eat fish instead of meat
- use root vegetable In cooking and salads ( carrots, onions, burdock, radish, daikon, dandelion root, parsley, celery... )
- avoid inorganic foods (antibiotics, hormones, pesticides) (antibiotics can harm intestinal flora !!! Hormones will help you tumor grow. Pesticides will poison your healthy cells and organs.)
Important foods, supplements, exercises:
NOT ALL the people tolerate all those foods !!!!
Click on the link to read more about :
After you have done bowel/parasites cleanse, you can include in your diet those foods:
- Algae and seaweed - Kombu algae tea - drink every day for 6 months
- laetrile, vitamin B 17 Apricot seeds, apple seeds,...
- Digestive enzymes
- Probiotics- beneficial intestinal flora - take every day for 2 months
- Pau d'Arco tea (Taheebo, ipe roxo , lapacho)
- Algae and seaweed
- Coenzyme Q10
- Colloidal silver
- Ozonated water, Ozone sauna, ear insufflations, rectal insufflations
- Green tea - Green tea contain many antioxidant chemicals known as polyphenols. One of them called EGCG has 20 times the radical quenching effect of Vitamin E, and 500 times the effect of vitamin C.
- Castor oil Packs (Ricinus oil) packs
- Aloe Vera gel-juice
Support and discussion groups on blood type diet:
Blood type diet
"Let thy food be thy medicine,
and thy medicine be thy food."
Hypocrites, the Father of Modern Medicine